It’s been a stressful month – back-to-back hurricanes, a devasting earthquake, protests in the streets over healthcare, race and court decisions, recalling the horror of 9/11 and intensifying nuclear threats, not to mention – - the kids have gone back to school!
Stress affects both your mind and your body. Symptoms of stress include depression, anxiety, sleep problems, fatigue, high blood pressure and more. The National Institutes of Health offers these tips for managing stress1:
- Recognize the symptoms.
- Get help – talk to a health care provider.
- Get regular exercise. Even 30 minutes a day can boost mood and reduce stress.
- Try a relaxing activity such as meditation, yoga or tai chi.
- Set goals and priorities. Decide what must get done and what can wait.
- Stay connected with people who can provide emotional support.
Nutritional supplements can also help ease the effects of stress. Download our free brochure “Stress Management” to get a complete list of Kirkman’s nutritional supplements that can offer stress relief.
———-1“5 Things You Should Know About Stress.” www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/stress/index.shtml. 2. “123 Proven Ways to Reduce Stress and Relax“ https://healthgrinder.com/ways-to-reduce-stress/